Saturday, February 6, 2010

10 Days to Go

It still has not registered in my brain that I will be in a plane heading for Panama in 10 days. How strange. This week I will be actively getting my stuff together and taking care of last minute things, which will hopefully help me to fully comprehend reality.

History has started to focus on neocolonialism now which is quite interesting. Now we get to learn about the ways that our country as well as others have played a huge role in why Latin America is still in a tight spot.

Jins was fun this week, we talked about Galeano and then went over culture shock. The fascinating part is that reverse culture shock is often times much harder than the original culture shock.

Courtney and I have finished a draft of our proposal. Now all we have left is making revisions and the research itself.

I am very excited this weekend. I have my computer back and will be dedicating 1-2 hours everyday to learn how to recognize the frogs of Panama.

Jeremy is finally in town!!! At first, the idea of having him in town with me until I leave for Panama worried me in regards to how I was going to get all of my homework done. However, he is used to going to bed a 9pm which gives me at least 4 hours every night to work on classwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment